Launched in 2017, the Primary Care Respiratory Academy Commissioning Platform provides information tailored to the needs of UK staff in the fields of service development, public health, and sustainability and transformation.
The Primary Care Respiratory Society UK and Cogora (publisher of Healthcare Leader, Pulse and Nursing in Practice) have worked together to develop an information platform for commissioners and provider managers with an interest in respiratory care.
We asked ‘What will success in respiratory care look like in 2020?’, and designed a programme for delegates examining new models of high-value patient-centred care for populations with respiratory illness, and making tough decisions around prioritising limited resources. A range of digital resources, selected and created by an expert faculty, complemented the workshops.
We are excited to continue the development of the Platform in 2018 and offer even more information and resources to meet the constantly evolving needs of staff working in service design and transformation.
- Commissioning Platform Workshops
- Each year, the Primary Care Respiratory Academy hosts service development-focused workshops at locations around the UK.
- These meetings provide an opportunity for NHS staff responsible for service design to update their understanding of national guidance that may impact the way respiratory care is delivered, and discuss challenges and solutions with colleagues from their local community.
- More information on this year’s workshops can be found on the Agenda, Locations and Speakers pages.
- The Commissioning Platform provides access to a variety of supportive resources, from service self-assessment guides to resource allocation apps and interviews with NHS Chief Executives, and these can be accessed on the Resources page.